[blank image] About the WCHALink to WCHA Program InformationListings of WCHA Housing SitesLinks to FAQs and Online ApplicationsLinks to other WCHA-related websitesLink to WCHA Contact InformationReturn to the Main Page

If you are interested in working at the Westmoreland County Housing Authority, please take a moment or two to review the following information.

Office/Administration Positions

The Housing Authority must hire an applicant who has scored in one of the top three (3) positions on the Civil Service list of eligibles. Please take a few moments to review the State Civil Service Commission's website (www.scsc.state.pa.us). If you have any questions, you can contact SCSC directly.

Family Self-Sufficiency Case Manager Positions

Section 8 and Public Housing Family Self-Sufficiency positions at Westmoreland County Housing Authority is filled through the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission list. These positions require a Civil Service Test. The Civil Service website is www.scsc.state.pa.us. At the Civil Service main screen, on the left is "general job opportunities". Locate and click on Social and Employment Services category. Scroll down the list until you find County Caseworker 1 (Local Government), test announcement # 2006-713. Click on the test announcement and a detailed explanation of the nature of the work, qualifications for the job, types of items on the test, and how to apply to take the test are listed. (www.scsc.state.pa.us). If you have any questions, you can contact SCSC directly.

You may also contact the Pennsylvania Career Link Center (www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us), or contact JoAnn at WCHA.

Maintenance Positions

Please contact our Main Office in Greensburg by calling 724-832-7248 ext. 3018 for an application.