[blank image] About the WCHALink to WCHA Program InformationListings of WCHA Housing SitesLinks to FAQs and Online ApplicationsLinks to other WCHA-related websitesLink to WCHA Contact InformationReturn to the Main Page

Homeless Assistance Program for Rental Assistance (HAP)

The Homeless Assistance Program (HAP) at Westmoreland County Housing Authority assists families and individuals who are homeless or facing eviction. We can provide partial financial assistance in the form of back rent, first month's rent, security deposit, or mortgage assistance. The HAP is funded through the Department of Public Welfare. If you receive any type of public assistance and you are homeless or facing eviction, you should check with your DPA caseworker to see if you are eligible for an Emergency Shelter Allowance (ESA). If you are not eligible for an ESA benefit, you can contact Rental Services to apply for financial help with rent. If you are a Section 8 tenant or are getting on the Section 8 program, you are not eligible to apply for HAP funds. To find out more about Rental Services or to get an application for assistance, call WCHA and press 2 to speak with a Case Manager from Rental Services Department.

If you would like to find out more information, please feel free to contact us.

[ back to top ]